Apr 23, 2008

Shingles!

Hey guys. No I did not put shingles on the roof or anything, but I do have shingles! Ok, you are probably wondering why I would have shingles if I'm not going to put them on my roof! Well to tell you the truth shingles are not only something you put on your roof, but they are also an after virus of the chicken pox. My mom said you get it if you didn't have a very good immune system when you had chicken pox. Which apparently I didn't. There are good things about shingles and there are bad thing's about them. The good news is I can give little kids chicken pox so they don't have to worry about getting them when you are older. The bad news is that it HURTS LIKE THE DICKINS!!!!!!! If I were to bend over to get something or somehow make my shirt move from it's regular position it hurts really bad!!! It has to do with my nerves. It makes them really sensitive to anything. If you want any of your kids to get chicken pox or have any advice on what to do about the pain PLEASE tell me. Well, I'll talk to you later.

~Lauren~

4 comments:

Thomas and Lisa said...

Sorry to hear you have shingles. Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Your Uncle Bruce has shingles too. We didn't know that he could give people chicken pox though. Luckily he doesn't break out to often. I have a numbing patch that I will send you. Let me know if it works, I can send some more. Tell Mom not to worry, I will send the instruction/directions with it. Your Grandpa has used them before too.
Love Aunt Joann

Anonymous said...

I hope you get better soon.
~Mary

Anonymous said...

I hope you get better soon.
~Mary